Having the right packing supplies is essential to your move. Whether it's a long or short haul, you can destroy your belongings going across town or around the corner--it's that simple. But we at Orange County Best Movers know have the packing material that will give you the best chance of a seamless and incident free move whether you pack for yourself or we do it for you.
Moving Boxes: We sell moving boxes in every dimension needed for your unique move. Are you a kitchen gadget and dish person? Well then boxes with dish inserts are for you and we have them. They are also a corrugated cardboard that is tough enough to withstand packing abuse. Here we will give you tips on box types to order when you do your move. Our prices are quite competitive and you won't be sorry that you didn't settle for your local supermarket boxes. Why? Because those boxes are made to support what is placed in them. Groceries and other boxes, not your garments, fine china or your coach bag or good shoes. They are more likely to get damaged from weight or damp conditions. Trust us--we know that the move is only as good as the packing supplies.
Calculating your Move: The size of the box according to the size of the room as well as the type of things you are moving is important. Miscalculating the size of a box, regardless of how strong the box is--can mean disaster for your belongings. You can have a too oversized box for your move and risk breaking the contents. Most people would suggest over stuffing the box with packing material. The issue with this is you have then over spent money for the packing. So, it's better to get an idea of the sizes and types offered. Most boxes will come in 1.5 cubic feet--3 cubic feet--4.5 cubic feet and 6 cubic feet. This is simple and each box has it's favorite job to do and that it's best at.
• 1.5 cubic feet: This is made obviously for small objects and can hold some weight. Books, records, CD's, food of the canned variety or jars, shoes and even your china.
• 3 cubic foot box: These can be used with the 1.5 cubic foot boxes for near the same objects but including lamps and lampshades and slightly odd shaped things.
• 4.5 cubic foot box: The larger boxes for the sake of physics--are best used for larger but lighter objects. You can put linens or pillows in these as well as blankets or your child's favorite stuffed toy collection.
• 6 cubic foot box: These oversized boxes are best used for the lightest objects you have of whatever size they are.
• Mirror or Art Moving Box: These boxes are a special type that come four pieces. They are put together over a mirror or a painting or picture. They are fitted in a more custom way by pulling them further out or pushing them inward to fit the piece more snugly. When you use packing material in the corners you create more of a cushion to ensure safe transit. You should of course wrap your mirror or glass frames with bubble wrap prior to placing in the box.
• Wardrobe Boxes: This is like having a convenient closet to transport clothing in. It's a long box appropriate for garment length. It's got a metal bar across the top so that you can hang you clothes in it and keep them from wrinkling or ruining.
• Dish Boxes: These you can get creative with. Although they are made for dishes. These boxes come with inserts that have individual cells or spaces that are sized for dishes. Of course they need to be wrapped prior to placing in the cells.
Our packing services are second to none. We can guide you through what you need to order as far as supplies are concerned or we can carry out the process for you with little to no effort from you. This is a promise. Call Orange County Best Movers for a quote today.